The ESBOC Symposia (European Symposia in Bio-Organic Chemistry), established by Cedric Hassall in 1967, has previously taken place each May at Gregynog Hall, in mid-Wales.
Following our decision to hold ESBOC in Continental Europe in alternate years, the next ESBOC Symposium will be held at the Belambra Anglet ‘La Chambre d’Amour’ in Biarritz France, from May 13th to 15th May 2024. The meeting is being co-organised with the ChemBioEurope network.
The Chair is Helen Hailes (University College London), the Vice-Chair Olalla Vázquez (Marburg University), and Boris Vauzeilles (Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS) as the previous chair.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers include:
- Gonçalo Bernardes (University of Cambridge)
- Anna Bernard (Imperial College London)
- Megan Wright (University of Leeds)
- Thomas Carell (LMU München)
- Vitor Pinheiro (KU Leuven)
- Chris Willis (University of Bristol)
- Sébastien Gouin (Nantes University)
- Russell Cox (Leibniz University)
One Step from Garbage: Total Synthesis and the Circular Economy
- Laurence Mulard (Institut Pasteur, Paris)
- Maja Köhn (University of Freiburg)
We acknowledge the Chemical Biology Division of the French Chemical Society, SCF-ChemBio, as the national host and major sponsor of this meeting.